Read the article here.
Research by UW CSE professor Arvind Krishnamurthy has yielded dramatic bandwidth conservation for peer-to-peer file sharing. Extensive press coverage of Arvind’s P4P includes:
- “Throttling P2P traffic is shortsighted, experts say” (ITbusiness.ca) (8/22/08)
- “The Internet’s New Shortcut” (Forbes) (8/21/08)
- “Can P4P Solve Bandwidth Bloat? (GIGaom) (8/21/08)
- “Comcast Does About-Face: Declares Love for P2P” (Wired) (8/21/08)
- “Share Locally, Unclog the Internet” (Chronicle of Higher Education) (8/20/08)
- “Local Sharing Saves Bandwidth on BitTorrent/P4P Tests” (Slyck News) (8/20/08)
- “The 160-mile download diet: Local file-sharing drastically cuts network load” (UW News) (8/19/08)
See the P4P paper here.