UW CSE’s annual summer workshop for K-12 teachers, CS4HS, is open for registration! This year’s workshop, once again sponsored by our friends at Google, will be held from August 10-12 in the Paul G. Allen Center for Computer Science & Engineering on the UW campus.
CS4HS aims to:
- Earn you either 20 clock hours from WSTA OR 2 units of university credit from the University of Washington.
- Expose you to exciting examples of computer science operating in close relationships with other disciplines.
- Teach you the basics of computational problem solving and give you the vocabulary to relate these concepts to your students and your own subject material.
- Broaden your view of computer science and the way it is shaping Washington’s communities and people–and those of the entire world.
- Explore opportunities for you to help broaden your students’ interest in computer science and dispel myths about what computer science is and is not.
The workshop is targeted at teachers with no computer science or programming experience.