“Sometimes you have to sit to take a stand.” That’s the slogan of the “Sit With Me” campaign of the National Center for Women & Information Technology:
- “We sit to inspire women in computing and IT.
- “We sit to recognize the value of women’s technical contributions.
- “We sit to embrace women’s important perspectives and increase their participation.
- “Imagine designing technology that is as broad and creative as the people it serves.
- “We won’t stand for anything less.”
CSE’s David Notkin is one of 8 national leaders featured on the sitwithme.org home page. Write’s NCWIT’s Jill Ross:
“Thank you for your amazing contributions to the field of computer science and being such a passionate advocate for technical women. We can’t think of anyone better to be sitting in (or hugging) our red chair!”
(Learn about Notkinfest, a recent celebration honoring David, here.)
April 22 2013: David Notkin succumbed to cancer at 3:30 a.m.