UW CSE professor Dan Grossman has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Computing Research Association (CRA).
CRA is an association of more than 200 North American academic departments of computer science, computer engineering, and related fields; laboratories and centers in industry, government, and academia engaging in basic computing research; and affiliated professional societies.
CRA’s mission is to enhance innovation by joining with industry, government and academia to strengthen research and advanced education in computing. CRA executes this mission by leading the computing research community, informing policymakers and the public, and facilitating the development of strong, diverse talent in the field.
UW CSE has a long history of close involvement with CRA:
- Ed Lazowska, Board member 1992-2004, Chair 1997-2001
- David Notkin, Board member 2005-12
- Bob Ritchie, Board member 1987-96, Chair 1981-83
- Larry Snyder, Board member 1996-2005
- Paul Young, Board member 1983-92, Chair 1989-91
UW CSE Ph.D. alums who have been members of the Board include:
- Greg Andrews, Board member 1991-98
- Anne Condon, Board member 2005-08, 2013-16
- Carla Ellis, Board member 2003-09
Biographies of Dan and the other newly-elected CRA Board members here.