A record 317 degrees were conferred by UW CSE on Saturday: 205 Bachelors students, 84 Masters students, and 28 Doctoral students were recognized at UW CSE’s graduation ceremony in Meany Hall Theater.
Congratulations to all of our students! And a few special shout-outs:
- Gaetano Borriello received the ACM Student Chapter Teaching Award. (Gaetano also received the 2014 University of Washington Distinguished Graduate Mentor Award.)
- Jennifer Apacible received CSE’s Undergraduate Service Award.
- Nick Martindale received CSE’s Outstanding Undergraduate Honors Thesis Award.
- Samantha Courts and Eric Lei shared CSE’s Outstanding Computer Science Senior Award.
- Yanling He received CSE’s Outstanding Computer Engineering Senior Award.
- Sunjay Cauligi, Zach Cava, Tristan Huber, and Hye In Kim received the Bob Bandes Memorial Excellence in Teaching Award (presented to the best of the best of our 100+ teaching assistants). Nathaniel Guy and Riley Porter received Honorable Mention.
- Jeff Dean (Google) and Gail Murphy (University of British Columbia), both 1996 Ph.D. graduates, received the 2014 UW CSE Alumni Achievement Awards.
Bruce Hemingway photographs:
- Bachelors Graduation Program
- Masters Processional
- Hooding of the Ph.D.s
- Atrium Reception
Mayank Goel photographs here.In the afternoon, at UW’s 139th commencement in Husky Stadium, Steve Ballmer received an honorary Doctor of Science degree (nominated by CSE’s Ed Lazowska) and gave a rousing address.
Again, congratulations, one and all!