Today the Paul G. Allen School was honored to host a roundtable on “Women in 21st Century Jobs” with House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Congresswoman Suzan DelBene from Washington’s 1st Congressional District.
Undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff explored a wide variety of issues with Pelosi and DelBene including:
- the barriers that women face in the tech industry
- policies to encourage more women in STEM
- public-private partnerships to help close the skills gap
- sexual harassment in society at large
- programs that can increase the success of economically disadvantaged and underrepresented minority students in STEM
- communicating the value of fundamental research
- approaches to mitigating the spread of misinformation/disinformation online
- the importance of immigration reform
Our deep thanks to Leader Pelosi and Representative DelBene for spending the morning with us in a truly engaging conversation!
(See coverage in TechCrunch, GeekWire, KING TV, KOMO TV, KIRO TV).